Thursday, January 24, 2008

Character Bubble Maps

Quotations for Pi:

Shy - "The first time i saw his triangular form teetering and tottering about the zoo, i was shy to approach him. As much as I liked him as a teacher, he was a figure of authority, and I, a subject" (26).
Driven - "We fight and fight and fight. We fight no matter the cost of battle, the losses we take, the improbablitlity of success. We fight to the very end. Its not a question of courage" (148).
Studious - "I was a very good student, if I may say so myself. I was tops at St. Michael's College four years in a row. I got every possible student award from Department of Zoology" (5).
Resourceful - "Pulling the oars in one after the next, I worked them through the armholes of the life jackets....so that the life jackets becanme secured to the four corners of the raft. I tied each one shut" (149).
Survivor - "I kept myself busy. That was one kep to my survival. On a lifeboat, even on a raft, there's always something that needs doing" (190).

No comments: